Newmod is a clientside code and assets mod for Jedi Academy multiplayer. Newmod updates JKA with many important bugfixes, improvements, and features. While it was developed primarily with base-style CTF and Siege in mind, it can be used for any base gametype.
Newmod is compatible with base and all base-like server mods, such as JA+, Lugormod, base_enhanced, and base_entranced. It is not compatible with other major clientside mods or utilities, including Movie Battles, Smod, kill trackers, Ultra Utility, etc. A small number of Newmod features require server mod support to work fully; current server mods that include such support are base_enhanced and its sister mod base_entranced. These are the official server mods for the CTF and Siege communities, respectively.
Newmod modifies some base assets with the intent of improving the user experience (i.e., not simply reskins/recolors). Compatibility with other assets mods may be determined by comparing which files are changed by each mod. We recommend only using the vanilla executable or NewJK in conjunction with Newmod.
Newmod was created by Alpha and Duo. Special thanks are due to the following (in alphabetical order):
- Blackout, Onasi, Sith, and Staso, for beta testing and feedback
- Dan/Septimo, for his crosshair mod
- Eezstreet, for his Fixed VChat mod
- Ent, for coding help
- Grab, for his various graphical mods
- JACoders, Ensiform, Razor, Xycaleth, and all OpenJK and Modbase contributors
- J3rk, for his Siege class icons mod
- Radiuks, for colored Jawa skins
- Sil, for Smod
- Sintra, for his scope mod
- Teh, for coding help
- Tritoch, for his scope mod
- Everyone else who has given suggestions, feedback, and help