Newmod is a clientside code and assets mod for Jedi Academy multiplayer. Newmod updates JKA with many important bugfixes, improvements, and features. Newmod is primarily intended for use in CTF and Siege, although it can be used in any gametype.
Newmod is compatible with base and all base-like server mods, such as JA+, Lugormod, base_enhanced, and base_entranced. It is not compatible with other major clientside mods or utilities, including Movie Battles, Smod, kill trackers, Ultra Utility, etc. Some Newmod features require server mod support to work fully; current server mods that include such support are base_enhanced (CTF server mod) and base_entranced (Siege server mod).
It is strongly recommended to install Newmod in your
/base/ folder. Newmod works best on servers that use the default
fs_game setting (base).
Newmod replaces some base assets. Such replacements are generally done with the intent of simply improving the user experience (i.e., not simply reskins/recolors). Compatibility with other assets mods may be determined by comparing which files are changed by each mod.
We strongly recommend only using the vanilla executable or NewJK in conjunction with Newmod.
Newmod was created by Alpha and Duo. Special thanks are due to the following (in alphabetical order):
- Black, dem0n, etc, FM, dem0n, Hannah, Seeker, Staso, and Xen for beta testing and feedback
- Dan/Septimo, for his crosshair mod
- Eezstreet, for his Fixed VChat mod
- Ent, for coding help
- Grab, for his various graphical mods
- JACoders, Ensiform, Razor, Xycaleth, and all OpenJK and Modbase contributors
- J3rk, for his Siege class icons mod
- Radiuks, for colored Jawa skins
- Sil, for Smod
- Sintra, for his scope mod
- Teh, for coding help
- Tritoch, for his scope mod
- Everyone else who has given suggestions, feedback, and help